Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Demonstration Workshops-What I learned.

What I learned:
1. Cheryl F- You can use music as the catalyst for writing. Play an inspiring piece of music and have the students respond to it with writing.
2. Virginia-Tips on handwriting, especially the Handwriting Without Tears program. Also some reminders about pencil grips and other ways to help children whose hands get tired when writing.
3. Megan-There are many wonderful children's books that I can read to my student to teach them about the six traits.
4. Lupe-Writer's notebooks can be customized and decorated to increase ownership. She shared marigold seeds and mentioned that planting seeds is like planting flowers--small ideas grow and give us more ideas as writers.
5. Shannon-There were many jounaling ideas shared. I was fascinated with the history of journaling. The tips on writng prompt ideas and classroom routines were very useful.
6. Cheryl K-Many different writing ideas to use after sharing a piece of literature with the class. Cheryl used Mollie's Pilgrim as her example.

1 comment:

  1. Very thoughtful post. I hope the play didn't get rained out.

    ReplyDelete